Young Leader Program
Applicants Sought for 2015 ASA DuPont Young Leader Program
The American Soybean Association (ASA) and DuPont are seeking applicants for the 2015 ASA DuPont Young Leader Program. For more than 30 years, the ASA DuPont Young Leader program has identified and developed grower leaders that truly shape the future of agriculture.
“The ASA DuPont Young Leader program has shaped not only the soybean industry but all of agriculture,” said Ray Gaesser (Iowa), ASA President. “The program provides industry leading training in an environment that fosters collaboration between farmers throughout the U.S. Participants not only gain ‘real-world’ experience but build lifetime friendships. When the program started more than 30 years ago, it was a game changer, recognizing the importance of both women and young people in agriculture. We’re grateful to DuPont for their continuing support of the program.”
The ASA DuPont Young Leader Program offers the opportunity for participants to strengthen their natural leadership skills, expand their agricultural knowledge and develop strong peer relationships with other soybean growers from across the country.
A two-part training program, all program related travel and lodging expenses for both the grower and spouse/partner participant will be covered. ASA, its 26 state affiliates, including the Grain Farmers of Ontario and DuPont will work together to identify their state’s representative. One couple or individual per state will be chosen to participate. Selected participants must agree to attend both parts of the training.
- Phase I: Nov. 18 – 21, 2014 DuPont Pioneer’s Headquarters, Johnston, Iowa
- Phase II: Feb. 24 – 28, 2015 Phoenix, Arizona (Held in conjunction with the 20th annual Commodity Classic Convention and Trade Show
Meet the 2014 Class of ASA DuPont Young Leaders
Young Leaders enhance their leadership skills and build a strong peer network leading to increased success in their business, leadership and community.
Many graduates of this leadership training program assume roles on their state and national soybean associations.
This seminar is an intense course designed to enhance leadership skills for the future benefit of the entire agricultural industry. The training is interactive and includes evening group meals and activities. Young Leaders and their spouses are expected to participate fully in all training aspects and evening activities.
We are looking for persons who are interested in gaining knowledge to take that next step in leadership…Actual age is not a factor.
Criteria for selection to the ASA/DuPont Young Leader Program is as follows:
- Innovative soybean farmers interested in growing their existing skills for future leadership positions. Applicants must show strong leadership qualities demonstrated through production/marketing of soybeans and community activities.
- Active supporters of agriculture with an interest in serving as a soybean industry leader.
- Demonstrated natural resources stewardship using best management and conservation practices
- Members of their state soybean association.
- Participants must be at least 21 years old.
The ASA/DuPont Young Leader Program is designed for growers interested in assuming a position of leadership in the agricultural industry. Actual age is not a factor.
U.S. Young Leader Online Application – click here.
Canada Young Leader Online Application– click here.
For Information, contact:
American Soybean Association
12125 Woodcrest Executive Drive, Suite 100
St. Louis, MO 63141