Position Title: Commodity Classic Manager, Full Time Positon
Department: American Soybean Association, Corporate Relations Department Reports to: American Soybean Association – Director, Commodity Classic Events Overall Responsibilities: The Commodity Classic Manager will:
- Manage the Commodity Classic convention sponsorship sales program including development and research of sponsorship opportunities, coordination of outreach and sales to potential sponsors
- Research and write city and hotel information for publication
- Assist the Director, Commodity Classic Events with multiple facets of the Commodity
Classic educational program
- Serve as the lead for developing show surveys and attendee feedback
- Support the Director, Commodity Classic Events and the Commodity Classic Show Director with projects and tasks related to the convention
- Serve as the lead for ASA Awards Banquet logistics
- Primary point of contact for ASA staff and State Affiliates regarding Commodity Classic
- Manage the ASA staff housing block.
- Other duties as assigned. Special projects and administrative tasks are part of this position and should be expected.
Qualifications: Experience with meeting planning and/or project management required. College degree strongly preferred. Administrative skills a must including proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and accurately in writing and verbally with internal and external stakeholders. Essential skills for this position include attention to detail, research, business writing, salesmanship, relationship-building ability, and project management. This position requires over night travel approximately three to four times per year to Commodity Classic locations.
To apply, please submit resume by December 4, 2015 to:
Director, Commodity Classic Events
American Soybean Association
12125 Woodcrest Executive Dr., Suite 100
St. Louis, MO 63141